Third Grade Contest : Visual History of El Cajon
Assemblies and Field Trips
"Tour" the Knox Museum online via this website's "Museum Tour" link
or the "Virtual Tour" link on the Home page.
Contact Becky Taylor 619.440.3069
Teachers: Buses are available in conjunction with
Wieghorst Museum tours, ph 619.590.3431
Third Grade History Unit
used in coordination with East County Childhood Series
Timeline for Third Grade Contest : Visual History of El Cajon - Begins January 17, 2017
Materials Sent to Teachers and Online
Contest ends February 17, 2017 - Students' work due to teachers
March 1st - Contest entries due from teachers
Judging in March/April
May 1, 2017, 6:30 PM
Greenfield Middle School Theater
1495 Greenfield Drive
El Cajon, California 92021
6:30 - 7:30 p.m.
Doors open TBA
Sources of information for contest
- www.elcajonhistory.org -- The El Cajon Historical Society website contains historical information and articles about the El Cajon Valley.
- Knox House Museum -- 280 North Magnolia Avenue, El Cajon (619) 444-3800 - Home of the El Cajon Historical Society - The museum maintains an extensive archival collection of photographs and articles related to the history of the Valley.
San Diego County Library - El Cajon Branch 200 East Lexington (619) 588-3718. The librarian can guide you to information available.
- Senior Citizens - Grandparents and other older people who have lived in El Cajon for a long time may tell you interesting stories of the El Cajon they knew when they were younger. Many of these people enjoy telling about old El Cajon.
- Old Houses and Buildings - You can write about old houses or buildings in your neighborhood. Someone in the neighborhood can tell you about them. The Historical Society can give some clues on old houses.
- El Cajon Library - 200 East Lexington (619) 588-3718. The librarians can guide you to historical information available.
Top of Page