97 Years of the El Cajon Woman's Club
Dateline
October 9, 1914 - 60 women formed The Woman's Progress Club of El Cajon
in the Chamber of Commerce Room of the Corona Hotel
October 16, 1914 - first official meeting
November 13, 1925 - federated with San Diego District
March 3, 1950 - name changed to El Cajon Woman's Club
May 11, 1951 - federated with general federation of Women's Clubs
October 11, 1951 - Corporation papers received signed by the Secretary of State
legally designating the organization as the El Cajon Woman's Club
February 14, 1958 - a division of San Diego District into 1) San Diego;
2) Palomar; 3) Southern; put El Cajon Woman's Club
into Southern District #26

Historical Society Organizers
Club Members Help Furnish Restored Knox Hotel